Employer: NorthWest Student Exchange
Location: Seattle, WA
Language: JLPT N2 or equivalent
Open until filled, hiring immediately
Position: International Program Coordinator: Japan and International Programs
Type: Full-time, Location: Seattle, Salary: DOE
Start Date: Immediately
Join the NorthWest Student Exchange team in Seattle as International Program Coordinator. As a vital part of the NorthWest Student Exchange team, the International Program Coordinator will coordinate exchange programs of high school exchange students as well as other related duties.
• Coordinate programs of Japanese students and students of other countries.
• Work with international partners, U.S. local coordinators, host families and students
• Coordinate program in compliance with CSIET and Department of State regulations
• Maintain excellent communication with local coordinators, students, host families, and partners
• Accurately collect, track, and record required programmatic documents and reports
• Prepare extensive student documentation for annual audit
• Screen students and host families and their applications
• Coordinate “inbound programs” of students to the U.S. as well as “outbound” American students abroad.
• Work with aspects of invoicing procedures for participants and partner organizations
• Work with aspects of the J-1 visa as well as student health insurance
• Collaborate with NWSE team members on team projects, e.g. orientations, presentations, events, outreach, etc.
• Commitment to the mission of international student exchange, understanding and client satisfaction
• Four-year university degree
• Business-level Japanese language skills (JLPT N2 certification or equivalent, or JLPT N1 certification)
• Two+ years experience in related activities, MS office, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong problem solving, decision-making, and writing skills
• Relevant experience working, studying in Japan
• Excellent customer service/interpersonal communication skills both in Japanese and English
• Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, collaborative, open-office environment
• Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to complete projects to deadlines
• Self-motivated, upbeat/positive, cooperative, detail-orientated, multi-tasker and team player with initiative
• Experience working with diverse groups of people
Desired (but not required):
• Experience in program coordination in the educational field
• Other languages (besides English and Japanese)
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail resume, cover letter, references and two writing samples (one in English and one in Japanese showing business level writing proficiency) in Microsoft Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Japan International Program Coordinator.” Preference is given to applicants who reside in the greater Seattle area.
Health Insurance; Travel; Matching IRA Contribution
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English (fluency/native) and business-level Japanese (JLPT N2 certification or equivalent, or JLPT N1 certification)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Original posting on Idealist.org.