Institution: Stockton University
Location: New Jersey
Position: Visiting Assistant Professor
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The Stockton University in New Jersey seeks applications for a full-time Instructor/Visiting Assistant Professor in Asian History for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Demonstrate a broad, interdisciplinary perspective on concepts and methods with scholarly emphasis on China or East Asia.
- Demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence and an ongoing research program is also required.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Teach three courses in each of two semesters, two in the History program (HIST acronym) and one in General Studies (GAH acronym).
- Fall 2017 courses will be HIST 2191: Modern China, HIST 2196: East Asia: Traditions and Culture, and GAH 1370: Chinese Culture.
- Spring 2018 courses will include GAH1630: World Civilizations to 1500 as well as two HIST courses which can be accommodated to the candidate’s interests.
- Advanced ABD with at least 1 course teaching experience
- PhD by time of appointment
- At least one year of teaching preferred.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- a cover letter describing your research and relevant teaching experience
- a curriculum vitae
- a sample syllabus for one of the courses scheduled for Fall 2017
- a research agenda
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
Contact:To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted.