Program Assistant/Associate, Abe Fellowship Program Tokyo Office
The Social Science Research Council seeks a Program Assistant/Associate for its Abe Fellowship Program in its office in Tokyo, Japan. Working with the Program Manager and program staff, the assistant will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the office.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications.
The SSRC seeks a Program Assistant/Associate for its Tokyo office. This hire would be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Abe Fellowship Program under the supervision of the Program Manager in the Tokyo Office. The Abe Fellowship Program encourages international multidisciplinary research on topics of pressing global concern. The program fosters the development of a new generation of researchers interested in policy-relevant topics and willing to become key members of a bilateral and global research network. In partnership with the SSRC, the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) established the Abe Fellowship Program as its flagship program in 1991.
- Bachelor of arts or science degree.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Japanese (language and culture) required.
- Experience in an academic or nonprofit environment preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as with a team within a professional office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database work, and Internet applications.
- Previous administrative experience a plus.
- Support Abe Fellowship Program Manager and program staff with administration of the program.
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining program files and documents, preparing meeting materials, and updating program websites and databases.
- Manage logistics for domestic and international program-related events.
- Arrange outreach activities, create program materials, and assist with marketing strategy.
- Liaise with the funder, program committee members, and fellows.
- Process expenditures and reimbursements for program accounting, and submit accounting reports.
- Correspond and cooperate with Abe Fellowship Program staff in the New York office.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as directed, depending upon interest and capacity.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Flexible schedules will be considered.
For further information or to apply, please send cover letter, resume/CV, and a writing sample in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Abe Program Assistant Tokyo Office” in the subject field.
The Social Science Research Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.