Institution: American University
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Position Number: 13389
Department: School of International Service
Education: BA or equivalent training/experience
Under the supervision of the SIS Office of International Programs (OIP) Program Manager, this position will coordinate a portfolio of dual degree and semester exchange programs within the School. The portfolio will include the School’s current East Asian institutional partnerships with a focus on coordinating the joint undergraduate degree program with Ritsumeikan University and other emerging international partners. This position is responsible for the student advisement, administrative tasks, marketing, event planning, and liaising between American University and any appropriate external and internal constituencies for the programs. This position is contingent on continued contract program (IRC) funding.
B.A. or equivalent in training and experience is required.
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Intercultural sensitivity and demonstrated competence dealing with diverse populations
- Strong communication/writing and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite products
- Experience in a higher educational setting
- Experience working with international/ study abroad programs and students
- Knowledge of East Asian culture and/or language
- Social media and digital marketing experience
- Familiarity with email platforms
The ideal candidate will be familiar with an academic setting, have an interest in and experience with the field of international relations/ international education, and have the ability to work as a team player. The incumbent must also be flexible in being able to adjust to changing priorities and scheduling within a fast paced, student centered office environment.
Full listing on HigherEdJobs.com.