Employer: Japan Society
Location: New York City
Posted Dec. 15, 2015
Education: BA required
Established in 1907, New York’s Japan Society is an internationally recognized nonprofit, nonpolitical organization that provides access to information on Japan, offers opportunities to experience Japanese culture, and fosters sustained and open dialogue on issues important to the U.S., Japan, and East Asia.
Reporting to the Director, IT, Building and House Operations, the Database Administrator will work closely with the Development team and the Finance department, and play a key role in optimizing use of Japan Society’s constituent database, Raiser’s Edge. Duties include providing overall coordination and support to all Raiser’s Edge users, responding to data requests, and managing day-to-day RE operations ensuring the security, accuracy, and integrity of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Oversee operations in Japan Society’s constituent database, Raiser’s Edge, box office database Patron Edge, its online component Patron Edge Online, and online registration and donation platform, NetCommunity Spark.
- Process and post gifts to Raiser’s Edge and submit appropriate documentation to Finance department. Assist in reconciliation, adjustments, and other financial reporting as needed.
- Create funds, campaigns and appeals in line with the organization’s budget structure and the Finance department coding system.
- Provide data for marketing strategies, including producing lists and sorting data for data analysis, annual report, prospect analysis and appeal/campaign analysis. Implement systems for reporting data to staff.
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training to new staff and interns and assist current users.
- Recommend, develop, and maintain Raiser’s Edge policies and procedures. Manage all staff in usage of Raiser’s Edge, Patron Edge and NetCommunity Spark.
- Manage mailing lists in Raiser’s Edge.
- Produce regular and special reports in response to organizational needs; work closely and proactively with users, making recommendations and assisting in the design and analysis of reports and data. Respond effectively to report requests, communicating needs, timeframes, scope and limitations of projects.
- Provide expertise and technical support to end-users on Raiser’s Edge issues; identify, research, and resolve technical problems, work with outside vendors/technical support as needed, and document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area, and a minimum of three years related database experience (preferably in a non-profit environment); strong computer skills with expertise in Raiser’s Edge; excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate technical concepts and present information efficiently and clearly; excellent analytical and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. Previous experience in development is a plus. Experience in managing online giving platforms and/or box office software is a plus. A strong and demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service and quality improvement is essential.