Education Program Coordinator (40 hours)
The Education Program Coordinator reports to the Curator of Education, and will manage the coordination and registration of educational programs. Must be available to work and assist evenings and weekend events.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and manage all registrations, questions, and customer service regarding program registrations, which includes classes, workshops, lectures, and special programs.
- Works closely with the Curator of Education and Education staff on developing and implementing museum programming
- Coordinate and implement all necessary aspects of the programs (adult and special programs) to ensure success and efficiency (pre-, day-of-, and post- program)
- Reviews and takes action on program evaluation forms in conjunction with the Curator of Education
- Handles and manages the payments, financial statistics and registration list for all adult and special programs.
- Handles and manages payments to instructors and performers/vendors for rendered services for education programs.
- Handles and disseminates information to potential clients on registration policies, payment, and registration procedures.
- Maintain and monitor the educational components on the museum website ensuring accuracy and up-to-date information.
- Other duties as specified
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in art, education, museum, Japanese or Asian studies or related field
- Must have knowledge of Japanese language, culture, and art
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a museum, cultural, or educational institution
- Must have at least 3 years experience in developing, coordinating, managing, and promoting programs and events
- Be able to work with people of all ages
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing with staff, volunteers and the public
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, external clients, and the public
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-pace environment
- Experience in web design or updating and managing website platforms
- Excellent presentation skills and able to conduct outreach programs on Japanese culture a plus
- Experience with audio/visual presentation and theater equipment a plus