Greenheart International is a 501(c)3 non-profit founded in 1985 with national headquarters in Chicago, IL. Greenheart International connects people and planet to create global leaders through cultural exchange, personal development, environmentalism, volunteer service and fair-trade. Greenheart International consists of four branches: CCI Greenheart, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop and Greenheart Transforms.
Within CCI Greenheart, the High School Programs Department has J-1 visa designation by the U.S. Department of State to bring international high school students to the United States on a cultural exchange program that allows them to live with an American host family and attend high school for 5-10 months. CCI Greenheart’s J-1 program is dedicated to extending the mission of cultural understanding, environmental consciousness, and world peace by connecting enthusiastic international students and American host families. As the only non-profit, eco-conscious J-1 visa sponsor, we pride ourselves on providing a quality experience by encouraging and enabling Greenheart staff, participants, Local Coordinators, and host families to work together on projects that promote environmentalism and sustainability.
What we’re looking for:
The High School Programs Department is looking to hire temporary support staff that can assist in preparation for the 2015-2016 academic year as well as with ongoing tasks.
Some things you might do as an Administrative Assistant:
- Learn and understand application intake process for a dynamic and engaging exchange program for high school students coming to the U.S. for 5-10 months
- Utilize our custom database
- Provide administrative support by reviewing applications, tracking missing documents, organizing mailings, and answering phones
- Support office staff with tasks and projects as they arise
- Provide database support to outside users
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year administrative experience and/or customer service experience
- Efficiency with data entry and a keen eye for detail
- Comfort and aptitude learning new software and understanding work flow processes
- High level of general computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically over the phone, via e-mail, and in person
- Be a team player and have an upbeat and personable demeanor
- Independence and flexibility
- Genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
For full details and to apply, see original posting on CCI Greenheart.