Institution: The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Location: Pembroke, NC
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
This position is primarily responsible for recruitment of UNCP study abroad students, balancing exchange-in-kind with incoming exchange students, direct exchanges, exchanges in conjunction with consortiums, and faculty-lead programs.
This position has budget responsibility for faculty-led programs, scholarship awards and financial aid.
The Study Abroad Coordinator is responsible for implementation and growth of the university’s study abroad and student exchange programs. A background in the development and maintenance of Memorandums of Agreement and Memorandums of Understanding is desired.
This position will not have direct immigration responsibility with the J-1 program, however, knowledge of the regulations associated with the J-1 program is desired.
The Study Abroad Coordinator will also be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development and acquisition of federal and state grants, scholarships, and other financial opportunities to assist with study abroad students and faculty-led programs.
- Conducting orientations for out-going UNCP students and faculty-led programs, interface with incoming exchange students, and orientation related events for all international student and scholars.
- Assisting the Director of International Programs with strategic goals and objectives for international exchange.
- Promoting UNCP as an exchange partner, and collaborate with UNCP deans, department chairs, and faculty in presenting workshops, recruiting, and marketing.
- Representing UNCP on the General Administration University Council on International Programs, especially with regard to Risk Management.
- Working with stakeholder units on-campus (Campus Safety, Public Relations, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, and other units) to ensure streamline procedures for study abroad and faculty-led programs, including academic related matters associated with credit-transfer, foreign transcripts, transfer and credit equivalences, financial aid awards, etc.
- Managing social and traditional media content, student data, and security of student records and marketing and promotion of study abroad opportunities.
- Collaborating with International Programs units to assist with international student services that involve on-campus events, overnights cultural excursions and afterhours programming.
- Fulfilling other work-related duties as assigned by the Director of International Programs.
- This position is expected to work as a team member in promoting the mission of International Programs and in building collaborative efforts among various academic and administrative departments. An amiable, energetic, and creative approach to promoting study abroad opportunities for UNCP students is essential.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in related field. Applied knowledge in overseas travel requirements and advisories is desired. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to positively represent the International Department in conjunction with other team members.
- Management Preference: Two years’ experience preferred in developing and managing student exchange or education abroad programs at the college or university level.