Salary 22k + excellent benefits package; to start in late September.
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation is the leading UK charity supporting links between Britain and Japan. Our headquarters in London is on the south side of Regent’s Park near Baker Street station, and we also have an office in Tokyo. Core programmes include the Daiwa Scholarships, Daiwa Scholarships in Japanese Studies, grants, events and exhibitions at Daiwa Foundation Japan House.
The Programmes Assistant provides administrative and other support for the grants, scholarships and events programmes at Daiwa Foundation Japan House (London), giving general assistance to the Grants & Scholarships Officer and to the Programmes Director. This post also leads on the Foundation’s website and social media activity.
High-quality native-level English is required. Candidates should have knowledge and experience of Japan, good organisational abilities and full computer skills. Japanese language ability is not required, though it would be helpful. Having some experience with video production and livestreaming would also be helpful.
The Programmes Assistant is expected to work flexibly and to deadlines as part of a small team. He/she will report to the Director General.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting with the sifting process for grants and scholarships programmes
• Assisting with day-to-day administration of grants and scholarships programmes, including use of the Benefactor system for managing contacts and application forms
• Assisting with preparation for Foundation events and exhibitions, including research, proofreading and marketing
• Assisting with daytime and evening events – evening work required
• Leading on the Foundation’s web and social media activity, such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
• Updating the Foundation website as necessary