The Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC), Embassy of Japan, is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Publicity Coordinator. This individual is responsible for disseminating information about the JICC and various Japan-related events to the public and media, creating and designing promotional materials, and drafting speeches. Please see below for a more detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with weeknight and/or weekend events several times a month (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Draft flyers, brochures, pamphlets, posters and advertisements for JICC events
- Draft speeches, statements, remarks and correspondence
- Develop materials for JICC exhibits such as signs and posters
- Keep the staff updated on news coverage related to Japanese culture and coverage of JICC events in the media
- Maintain a database of media- and art-related contacts and build relationships with relevant media
- Respond to public inquiries on Japan
- Assist the diplomats with administrative tasks, writing, and research
- Support other staff with JICC events and other office tasks
- Other responsibilities as needed
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Strong knowledge of Japanese culture
- High level of professionalism
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in related field