Working Title: Global Learning Advisor
College/Area: International Programs
Position Number: 115013
Work Location: Pullman, WA
Education: BA required, MA preferred
Deadline: May 25, 2015
Summary of Duties
The International Programs Global Learning (IP-GL) Advisor is an integral member of the Office of International Programs and GL team who facilitates educational opportunities for WSU students at home and abroad. Global Learning Advisors perform essential functions which may include but are not limited to:
1) advising students on Global Learning opportunities including education abroad, global studies minor, global leadership certificate and global case competition,
2) providing oversight to the IP/GL Peer Advisor and Ambassador programs, and
3) facilitating Global Learning outreach activities with other IP departments and WSU programs and
4) managing GL participation with various social media platforms.
GL Advisors collaborate with other IP staff and WSU colleges, departments and individual faculty members to achieve global and cultural competencies.
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of professional work experience in student services or related education/experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
- Experience in higher education administration, teaching, or student services.
- Demonstrated leadership skills or experience.
- Public Speaking experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge with web-based search tools and applications.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours of operation, including during evenings and on weekends as necessary.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international education and advising.
- Experience coordinating social media,outreach and peer education programs.
- Experience working higher education.
- Demonstrated experience that includes international work or travel or education abroad.