Institution: Tacoma Community College
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Due: 04/27/2015
Type: Full Time
Education: BA required, MA preferred
The position is responsible for international student marketing and recruitment. This position reports directly to the Director of International Programs.
- Recruit, unconditionally, students from all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, socio-economic status, or gender, as well as through respectful interactions with other TCC representatives in compliance with TCC’s Non-Discrimination Policy.
- Respond to inquiries from students, staff and the public regarding international student services programs.
- Develop annual marketing plan and establish yearly travel proposal.
- Communicate with the campus community regarding events and new developments in the International office.
- Coordinate overseas student recruitment advertisements.
- Select overseas publications; work with the TCC Marketing department or contracted designer to develop overseas publicity for both electronic and hard copy; manage budget and billing for promotions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students and TCC alumni; attend fairs to promote TCC; follow up on all visits with appropriate correspondence to prospective students and agencies.
- Establish travel itineraries and complete necessary travel documents within Washington State purchasing and travel guidelines.
- Develop relationships with overseas agents and various agencies (consulate offices) as appropriate; provide information about TCC as requested.
- Develop relationships with local high schools and recruit international transfer students.
- Create and maintain all necessary contracts, records, and department related databases.
- Work with the Information Systems department to update information on the TCC website and lead the international database projects.
- Work directly with the Admissions Specialist to help problem solve admission issues.
- Coordinate commission payment structure and timeline with the Admissions Specialist.
- Have basic knowledge of F-1 visa process and I-20 rules and regulations in accordance with SEVIS Immigration policies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, International Relations, Student Affairs, Education, Human Development, Student Personnel Administration, or related field from and accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of experience in international business, Higher Education, student development, recruiting, or related field.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Computer literacy and experience with business management software.
- Masters degree in Business, Marketing, International Relations, Student Affairs, Education, Human Development, Student Personnel Administration, or related field from and accredited college or university.
- Fluency in Japanese, Korean, or Vietnamese.
- Experience in strategic planning and marketing development.
- Supervisory experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- A history of innovative, change management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, staff and external community partners.
- Commitment to a diverse community.
- Ability to solve problems effectively and quickly.
- Ethics and integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues and staff representing diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and learning abilities.
- Commitment to functioning as an effective team member.
- Knowledge of academic and student support activities that promote student learning, orientation to college systems and academic success.
- Knowledge of the principles associated with a learning-centered college.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.