Reporting directly to the Executive Director of International Education, this position is responsible for international student marketing and recruitment for the Pierce College District. The Manager is responsible for the recruitment of international students, development of relationships with overseas recruiting agents and various agencies including partner colleges/universities and consulate offices as appropriate. Additionally, this position develops the annual marketing and recruiting plan, and creation and maintenance of all necessary contracts and agreements and related databases.
About the Program
The mission of International Education at Pierce College is to foster international relationships and opportunities district-wide through the recruitment and admission of international students, to provide an array of quality student services to assist international students with completion of their studies, and to assist the College in building partnerships on campus and in the community to enhance our multicultural perspective and experience.
At this time, we have almost 300 international students, one third of them in the Intensive English Program (IEP) and two thirds in college programs. The department has a staff of eight full-time faculty and staff and numerous part-time faculty and staff providing direct support to the program. Most of our students are from East Asia and enter through the IEP and transition to college level courses to complete the Associate degree and transfer to a university. In addition we offer short-term programs with international partnerships and send a small number of students abroad to study.
- Recruit International Students: Develop and advance relationships with overseas recruiting agents and various agencies including partner colleges/universities and consulate offices as appropriate; respond to inquiries about the College from students, recruiting agencies, staff and the public; develop relationships with local high schools and recruit international transfer students.
- International Marketing Plan: Develop annual marketing plan and annual proposal for overseas recruiting and advertising activities; establish travel itineraries and complete necessary travel documents within Washington State purchasing and travel guidelines.
- Promotional Materials: Select overseas publications for advertising; coordinate with the district marketing department or contracted designer to create advertising and promotional materials for both electronic and hard copy; update information on the department website.
- Partnerships and Database Management: Manage relationships with agents and partner colleges; create and maintain necessary contracts and agreements, records, and related databases.
- Admissions & Agent Commission: Work with the admissions staff to help problem solve international student admission issues; coordinate commission payment structure and timeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, International Relations, or related fields to international education from an accredited college or university
- Experience in international student related marketing, recruiting, student services, higher education, or related field
- Knowledge of student visa process and I-20 rules and regulations in accordance with SEVIS Immigration policies
- Understand international education needs and markets with reference to community college education
- Experience in strategic planning and marketing development
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving the college mission and their individual professional goals; demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership in a dynamic work environment
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals, and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages; has sound presentation skills
- Commitment to diverse community; values open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspective and multiple ways of knowing, thinking, and being; helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity; values organizational diversity; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, presentation and database software
- Strong positive interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively and build effective working relationships
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations; demonstrates strong project management skills
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others; participates and fosters teamwork; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, multi-tasking, and keeping track of information or work in progress while ensuring accuracy
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives
- Demonstrates responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall mission and goals of the College; accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; earns trust, respect, and confidence from the College community; can be relied upon to achieve excellent results
- Adheres to high standards of integrity and honesty
Conditions of Employment: Must have the ability to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full time administrative exempt position. Scheduled hours may vary with frequent travel overseas. This position may travel occasionally and travel between Pierce College campuses/sites is required as necessary.