Programs Coordinator and Editorial Assistant
Pacific Basin Research Center (PBRC), Soka University of America
The Pacific Basin Research Center (PBRC) seeks a Programs Coordinator and Editorial Assistant to manage the Center’s main office at Soka University of America, coordinate new and ongoing programs of the Center, and assist in the editing and production of the Center’s publications. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of the Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participation with the Director and Associate Director in the planning and execution of PBRC research initiatives, public policy task forces, conferences, and workshops;
- The disbursement of grants and awards, including any necessary travel arrangements for campus speakers and other PBRC grantees;
- Editing, production, and distribution of the Center’s publications, including web-site development and maintenance;
- Working with Soka University of America students in various programs, awards, and conferences
- Files and records management.
The successful candidate will have proven organizational and communications skills, some background in business accounting, solid editing and web-site development skills, and the ability to work under deadlines with minimal supervision. A Master’s Degree in public policy and development or a related field is preferable. Although a record of publication in this area is not necessary, applicants should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of contemporary trends and conditions, including historical developments, within and around the Asia-Pacific region.
Benefits / Salary:
This is a two year term contract. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America offers a competitive benefits package.
See posting at HigherEdJobs.com.