1. Position title:
Assistant professor (non-faculty member)
2. Number of positions:
3. Contract term:
Until 31 March, 2018 (Reappointment for an additional two years may be allowed once only.)
4. Content of duties:
(1) Supporting international projects and operations at the Undergraduate and Graduate School of Letters.
(2) Particular contribution to the Japan-in-Asia Cultural Studies Program of the Undergraduate and Graduate School of Letters, which is offered in English to international students and returnee Japanese students. This includes teaching courses such as “Introduction to research methods for culture and history” (for undergraduate students), “Introduction to thesis writing” (for undergraduate students), and “Research methods for culture and history” (for graduate students).
(3) Other administrative duties.
(1) Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or show evidence of an equivalent academic career.
(2) Japanese language proficiency is required for handling administrative matters, as well as English for teaching.
(3) Applicants who specialize in Japanese or East Asian culture within the field of humanities are preferred.
Deadline: April 1, 2015
For more information, go to: https://cms.lit.nagoya-u.ac.jp/english/e-jobs/jobs.html