Peace Winds America is opening a part-time position that will focus on development and fundraising, supporting ongoing disaster preparedness and recovery programs, and general office management. This position is well suited to current or aspiring development professionals with interests in fundraising, nonprofit development and management, and program design and management.
This position will have a duration of six months, with option for extension. It is a 20 hour/week position, which are flexible but must fall within normal business hours of 9:00-6:00, M-F.
- Explore funding possibilities (foundations and corporate) for current and future programs
- Perform donor research and work with PWA staff to highlight priority outreach targets
- Manage the grant application and donor outreach process including developing outreach strategy, making necessary contacts, writing letters of inquiry and grant applications, and tracking all ongoing efforts
- Work alongside PWA staff to develop short, medium, and long-term development strategies
- Provide program, research, and administrative support to disaster preparedness programs focusing on civil-military response to disasters and disaster business continuity as well as disaster recovery programs in Japan and the Philippines
- Assist with tasks pertaining to a constituent relationship management database, including entering development/donor information
- Assist in the design, layout and formatting of reports (Word, Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite & others)
- Help prepare funding appeals, reports, proposals and budgets for ongoing programs and managing individual donors
- Assist in updating the PWA website and social media sites – writing articles and managing content
- Office management including filing, copying, data entry, and other tasks as needed
Qualifications: Candidates with a background in nonprofit development/fundraising strongly preferred. Strong communication, organization, and writing skills are a must. Previous experience with NGOs, humanitarian work, marketing, or office management a plus. Ability to perform multiple tasks independently simultaneously and communicate findings with PWA team. Candidate must possess at least a BA.