The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This individual is primarily responsible for managing the schedules and activities of diplomats in the Defense Section. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with lunch time receptionist duty once a month and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
- Manage the schedules and daily activities of diplomats in the Defense Section
- Make appointments, develop itineraries, coordinate transportation for diplomats and guests, answer phone calls and other administrative duties
- Draft, proofread, and edit English documents, letters and correspondence
- Help organize receptions, meetings, and events
- Conduct research on a number of different topics
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English
- Japanese language skills preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Office experience preferred
- Associate’s degree or the equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
How to apply:
E-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by February 20th.
*Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.