The Program Coordinator will manage the enrollment of undergraduate study abroad (visiting non-degree) students from Brunei, China, Taiwan, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore who are attending SAF-affiliated host universities in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australasia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing 100-plus applications per semester and will take candidates from their initial admission review through to their host university submission, course registration, housing procurement and finally the issuance of final transcripts. Specific responsibilities include the evaluation and analysis of prospective students’ credentials, submission of qualified candidates’ applications to SAF host universities, communication with SAF Country Offices in China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea as well as affiliated host universities, creation of relevant program materials, and the provision of personal, cultural, academic and emergency advice and assistance for the duration of participants’ study abroad experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to Include:
- Communicate with the SAF Country Offices in Asia ensuring effective exchange of information and providing guidance regarding student placement, acceptance criteria, application deadlines, etc.
- Ensure accurate input of data into the SAF student database and subsequent extraction of relevant data for weekly reports and enrollment projections; previous database experience required.
- Create, organize and ensure integrity of applicant’s paper and electronic files
- Screen, evaluate and submit applications to SAF host universities
- Follow-up with host universities to facilitate quick turn-around on student acceptances
- Ensure timely and organized delivery of information and materials to SAF Country Offices, and SAF host universities
- Secure participant housing, orientation participation, class registration, and arrival transportation
- Create, revise and review pre-departure orientation materials and on-site communication sequence including emergency protocol
- Provide prompt on-site student support services via phone and email; provide after hours student support services as needed
- BA/BS required
- 3 to 5 years or previous work experience in international education or higher education administration
- Adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and exercise good judgment in addressing questions and problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Energetic and creative with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills and an interest in working in and supporting a rapidly changing work environment
- Willingness to travel in the U.S. and abroad
The Study Abroad Foundation is a US non-profit education organization – a 501(c)(3) – focused on student international mobility. SAF’s HQ is in Indianapolis, Indiana, with the majority of its staff based in the Foundation’s Country Offices in China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. SAF facilitates study abroad opportunities in the US, Canada, Europe and Australasia for international students attending its member universities in Asia. For more information about the Foundation please visit our web site at http://www.studyabroadfoundation.org.