The Congressional Study Groups seeks a highly-qualified candidate to assist in event planning and program administration for our bipartisan, non-advocacy legislative exchanges, consisting of regular roundtables on Capitol Hill, as well as study tour opportunities for Members of Congress and senior congressional staff abroad.
Timeframe: 4-6 months, full or part-time negotiable
Number of Openings: 1
The International Programs and Events Fellow will primarily focus on:
- providing program support for The Congressional Study Groups on Japan, Germany, and Europe, with occasion work on The Congressional Study Group on Turkey and our Diplomatic Advisory Council;
- researching and composing grant proposals and reports, as well as event summaries;
- and assisting with our external communications efforts, including website, social media, and Mailchimp.
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- have an interest in and general knowledge of transatlantic or transpacific affairs;
- demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills;
- have basic experience with event planning, including interaction with VIPs;
- relish the attention to detail, be extremely motivated, flexible, and responsible;
- and have in-depth command of internet research and MS Office programs, including Outlook. Familiarity with WordPress and CRM databases is also preferred.
Priority is given to candidates with professional proficiency Japanese, though German is also a plus.