Institution: Olympic College
Location: Bremerton, WA
Type: Part-Time (12 months)
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 02/03/15 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Education: High school required, Associate or bachelor’s preferred
Olympic College is recruiting to fill a part-time temporary position for the Office of International Education. This position reports to the Assistant Director of International Education. It includes advising prospective international students on academic planning, admissions processes as well as regulations related to non-immigrant student visa. Serves as one of the Designated School Officials assisting with quarterly SEVIS registration. The position is contingent on enrollment and will be re-evaluated annually. This current funding is expected to last until June 1st, 2016.
This person supports the functions of the Office for International Education;
- Collect, review and process applications for international students to various programs;
- Prepare and send appropriate admissions documents; communicate with applicants and their representatives (agents, parents, relatives);
- Provide individual and group advising to prospective students in areas including: educational planning and course selection; transfer to university processes, immigration, employment, cross-cultural adjustment, health and personal advising;
- May assist current and newly enrolled students with testing, orientation sign up, advising and course registration;
- Assist in the management of student records in the campus data management system and the SEVIS system;
- May participate in field trips as a chaperone and may be assigned airport pick-ups as needed;
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND
- Two years of experience in the program specialty OR equivalent education and experience.
- Associate or bachelor degree.
- One year or more of professional experience in international admissions.
- Work and/or living experience abroad and/or foreign language skills.
- Experience working in a community college.
- Practical examination may be administered. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a passing or competitive score on the examination.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the needs of community college and students
- Understand complex oral and written instructions
- Display strong organizational and analytical skills
- Independently prioritize and organize assigned work
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective work environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, read, understand, and interpret policies and procedures,
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interact successfully with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, vision and values