Institution: University of California, Riverside
Location: Riverside, CA
Type: Full Time
UCR Extension’s International Education Programs (IEP) and Management & Technology Programs (MTP) is a fast-paced and dynamic international education environment that successfully delivers multiple English as a Second Language (ESL), academic, professional, and special/custom programs to approximately 5,000 visiting international students per year.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who can respond and and thrive in a changing environment and successfully work in a multicultural context. Administrative Assistants support IEP and MTP programs and services via provision of excellent customer service and organizational skills, as well as effective email and verbal communication with supervisors, colleagues, students and global partners.
The Homestay Program Assistant provides support to the processes of the IEP Homestay Program as well as prospective and current homestay students and homestay families. The position includes responsibilities around reception for phone calls and visitors, file maintenance, contract generation and renewal, evaluation process, written information and oral presentations.
- Demonstrated, responsible general office experience working in a fast paced environment, performing clerical responsibilities requiring attention to detail, good judgment, and confidentiality.
- Experience creating remarkable customer service experiences.
- Excellent multitasking skills to work effectively in an environment with constant interruptions, changing priorities, and fluctuating workloads.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and time management ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team approach.
- Experience resolving problems through quantitative and qualitative review.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Empathy and understanding for international students.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community including international students and their families.
- Must effectively be able to deliver information in a clear, concise and articulate manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in Homestay services delivery.
- Work experience in a university setting.
- Study or work abroad experience.
- Oral proficiency in Japanese and/or Chinese languages.