CFR’s David Rockefeller Studies Program is one of the country’s largest foreign policy think tanks with a widely respected and influential research staff. The Studies Program aims to advance the discussion of American foreign policy and international affairs through its writing, publications, public outreach, and discussions.
The Research Associate will work under the direction of the Senior Fellow on projects related to Japanese studies.
The major responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing administrative support to the Senior Fellow, including scheduling appointments, handling phone calls, travel arrangements, and drafting correspondence
- Researching specific areas for articles, book chapters, and other publications, as requested by the Senior Fellow
- Coordinating events logistics, including preparing invitations, corresponding with speakers and presiders, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support
- Assisting with the drafting, proofreading and editing of written material
- Managing social media and other digital tools
- Managing budgets, including tracking monthly statements, monitoring grant information, writing reports and requests, creating and updating Excel spreadsheets, and preparing vouchers for reimbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, or related social sciences field, with high academic achievement; coursework in Japan studies required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Japanese language proficiency required
- Related internship or administrative experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Twitter or other social media
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR’s 4,700+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent journal on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].
Ful details on Idealist.org