Internship: Curatorial Intern
Institution: The Noguchi Museum
Location: Long Island City, NY
Deadline: 16 December 2014
Term: 12 weeks
Via Art Radar.
The Noguchi Museum offers a wide variety of internships for students interested in the work of Isamu Noguchi or those looking to gain experience working for a museum or in a non profit arts organization. The Museum offers fall, spring, and summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recently graduated college students. Internships are typically one-to-two days per week for twelve weeks and are unpaid. To see what positions are available, visit our Internship page.
The Noguchi Museum is seeking a qualified student for the spring to assist the Curator in the Museum’s Curatorial Department. This position involves a variety of tasks including research, editing, and organizing records associated with both the Museum’s collection and upcoming exhibitions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching and editing image sets for future web features
- Expanding curatorial notes on records in the Museum’s digital photoarchive
- Maintaining and organizing records and periodicals
- Miscellaneous projects relating to upcoming exhibitions as needed
- Researching Noguchi’s collectibles
- Organizing Noguchi’s personal library
- Research for upcoming exhibitions, which will involve working with objects and in the archives
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with an interest in curatorial and registration work. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, strong writing skills, and word-processing skills on a PC-platform. Additional experience with TMS and Photoshop is a plus.