The Japan Society of Northern California (JSNC) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to strengthen cooperation and understanding between the peoples of the United States and Japan by providing programs that help to expand knowledge, increase personal interaction and facilitate discussion of important issues.
Reporting to the President, the Program Officer is responsible for creating, organizing and executing Japan Society programs and special events including the annual fundraising gala and auction. The Program Officer is also responsible for initiating and managing relationships with co-sponsoring organizations and corporate sponsors, preparing the Society’s bimonthly e-newsletter, maintaining historical program records, maintaining the program calendar and ensuring that programming is compatible with the Society’s mission and programming goals as mandated by the Society President and Program Committee.
- Personable, proactive, detail-oriented individual with outstanding organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision as well as part of a small team
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and proofreading skills required
- 1-2+ years of professional event planning/coordination experience required; nonprofit experience and/or experience working with nonprofit boards preferred
- BA/BS degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce; knowledge of Adobe InDesign,
- Photoshop, HTML5 strongly preferred. Web experience and print design and/or layout experience is a plus.
- English fluency is required; Japanese language capability is a plus
- Knowledge of Japan and Japan-related issues is a plus
For full details and how to apply, see posting on idealist.org.