The Membership Officer is the first point of call for the Society’s membership of some 700 individual and 200 corporate members and is responsible for keeping our records up to date and coordinating recruitment efforts. The post provides support to the Membership and Development committees and plays an active role in the management of the programme of business events.
He/she will report to the Chief Executive, though may work directly with other members of the Society’s small team on particular areas of activity.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Handling membership enquiries and playing an active role in recruitment
• Processing membership applications and renewals, managing payments
• Maintaining the membership databases and producing regular updates, collating statistics. Helping the education team manage its database of schools and teachers.
• Drafting materials for print and website and preparing information packs for members and donors
• Sending regular postal information and events updates to members
• Assisting with the planning and organization of business and donor events, both daytime and evening
• Supporting the work of the Membership and Development committees, producing minutes and related documents
• Excellent English language skills with experience of business communication (ability to write business letters, draft information packs, handle telephone calls, participate in meetings, respond to email communications)
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to spot errors and self-correct
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
• Experience of databases (SQL and Access) is a great advantage but not essential. Training will be provided if necessary, but evidence of strong general IT skills is important.
• Flexibility and a willingness to get involved, when necessary, in any aspect of the Society’s activity with others in our small team.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 May 2013
Please send a CV and covering letter by email to Heidi Potter at email@example.com.
Interviews will take place in the first week of June.
Full details at original posting on the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation.
Find your job through Shinpai Deshou? Let us know!