Company: Criterion Travel
Position: Passenger Services Rep
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Education: not listed
Posted Dec. 5, 2013
The Passenger Services Representative performs a wide variety of administrative, customer service, and other professional travel functions.
The diverse responsibilities and functions of the position require the capacity to abstract, conceptualize, organize, and integrate different sources of information into a coherent and practical frame of reference. The geographic expanse of assigned regions and the diverse range of programmatic services provided contribute to an operational complexity that requires a high level of ability and skills. Independent judgment is required in dealing with day-to-day problems and establishing priorities.
- General knowledge of the travel industry and assigned destinations
- Ability to use online resources for visa requirements, destination information, flight and rail options, health/immunization requirements, and cultural practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, including advanced formatting and editing features, and in MS Excel, including simple formulas and data sorting.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat is a plus. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Energetic, upbeat, and able to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent customer service skills and empathy
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle a large administrative workload while juggling a changing list of priorities.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and under time pressure with minimal instructions
- Ability to evaluate situations quickly and respond appropriately and tactfully
Send your resume in the body of an email to
jill @ criteriontravel.com. Emails with attachments will be deleted unopened.
Criterion Travel is a Palo Alto-based tour operator specializing in educational travel. We work with top U.S. affinity organizations to create and operate customized group itineraries worldwide with a strong educational focus. Our tours and cruises are designed for travelers interested in learning more about the destination that the average tourist. Many tours are unique and operate only once. Almost all have expert lecturers who complement what local guides have to say. Tours might feature a combination of land and chartered sea, river, rail or air transportation. Many of our programs provide private access or special features not available to individual travelers or other groups.